Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My first hand crafted link necklace with cultured pearls

Links are made using round nose pliers.  Like algebra, if you do it to one side...
you do it to the other side.
Here is one of the first necklaces I made with links last year. I thought it would be wise to first practice on cheap wire. So I did. I used a brass made for jewelry wire.  I believe it was 18 gauge.  I purchased this wire at Fire Mountain Gems online pretty cheap.  But I'm sure you can find it at your local craft store or Walmart.  I've seen it there.  If you can get the gold.  Go for it!

I made some earrings to match using the same pearls
and wire.  You will see that this pair matches other
 necklaces I made.  Pictures coming up soon.
Once again I did not know where twisting this wire was going to get me as I had no plan.   But I had made enough of these links to make this necklace. I used round nose pliers to do most of the work.  I added cultured pearls.   I ended it with a simple snake like finding. It was pretty easy and it still came out nice.  You like?

I've made some other jewelry made with the same pearls but on brass and copper wires. So these earring match other necklaces as well.

Just thought I would add another post to this blog as it only had one post.  I did get brave enough to work on silver wire and gold filled.  By the way, I used to silversmith about 30 years ago.  I haven't done that in years!  Hmm.  No, I'm not ready for that:)

Well that's it for the moment, so I will not say good night.  However, I will leave you with "Many Blessings".

Sincerely,

Maria Vasquez








No comments:

Post a Comment